Tuna Avocado Macaroni Salad is an AMAZING creamy macaroni salad that is filled with chopped veggies, avocado, and tuna. This is going to impress everyone at your next potluck!
Tuna Avocado Macaroni Salad
Holy moly this pasta salad is incredible. I feel like tuna and avocado goes together like peas and carrots. I eat tuna with avocado for my lunches at least 3 times a week. It is my favorite pairing together. I was making this pasta salad and I thought to myself, how amazing would this salad be if I added tuna!?
I love taking a good pasta salad dish to a potluck and macaroni salad is always a classic. But when you add fresh avocado and tuna, it takes it to a new and delicious level. I am telling you. This became a favorite with the very first bite!
What is in tuna avocado pasta salad?
- shredded carrots
- chopped red onion
- chopped red and green bell pepper
- creamy mayonnaise dressing
How do you make a simple pasta salad?
To start, bring a large pot of water to boil and add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a large mixing bowl, add pasta, chopped veggies, tuna, avocado and creamy mayonnaise dressing until incorporated. Top with fresh cracked pepper and chopped chives if desired.
What is a good substitute for mayonnaise in pasta salad?
- plain greek yogurt
- sherry vinegar or dijon mustard
- Plain yogurt
- Salsa and olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
What goes with pasta salad for dinner?
Grilled meat always goes well with pasta salad. But you can also include grilled corn, baked sweet potatoes, sliced tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli or baked beans.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 5 ounce white albacore tuna, drained
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green red bell pepper, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot to boil and add elbow macaroni. Cook until al dente and then rinse in a colander in cold water.
- In a large bowl add pasta, tuna, carrots, red onion, bell peppers, and avocado. In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar and dijon mustard. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh cracked salt and pepper and chopped chives if desired. Serve immediately or chilled, but add avocado in right before serving.